Feminist Frequency shot herself in the foot again when she uploaded a feminist idiocy uneducational video titles 25 Invisible Benefits of Gaming While Male. I am just here to show how stupid these 25 benefits are. Who narrates this video? Jonathan Mcintosh of #FullMcintosh fame himself.
“Too many male gamers dismiss this fact as no big deal”
It isn’t much of a big deal, because everyone in videogames get harassed online. For our gender, our voice, our ethnicity, our beliefs, etc. Many prominent male gamers get harassed and even sent death threats online, yet nobody is claiming it is a gendered issue against men, now are they?
“Men need to become aware at the ways we subconsciously benefit from sexism”
I think we should reverse this and see how sexist feminists would believe it is.
1. I can remain oblivious to female harassment
And I can be oblivious to male harassment, or black harassment, or Muslim harassment, or the harassment of people who have some kind of voice impediment. I am now benefiting from racism, apparently.
2. I am never told that videogames or the surrounding culture is not intended for me because I am male
I am never told that fashion or childrearing is not intended for me because I am a female, that is sexism i would benefit from. But to be honest, most games are not designed to please us female gamers, deal with that fact, or go into the gaming industry and CHANGE IT. But then again, I have no issue with The Legend of Zelda or Final Fantasy.
3. I can put my username and gamertag online without fear of being stalks or harassed because I am male
My SteamProfile: LucyRaccoon
My Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1564-3568-1592
I am an avid gamer, never been stalked or harassed just for being female.
4. I will never be asked to prove my gaming cred
I have never been asked to prove my gaming cred. Ever. In fact, nobody is shocked that I am a gamer. I talk about the games I play a lot with a bunch of new people all the time, nobody ever looks at me as if I am something new. I have never seen this happen to anyone else either, or have heard of a real instance where this happened outside of Hearsay.
5. Nobody will think I am faking an interest if I show my fondness for videogames
Again, never seen this happen. Only seems to happen with the females who care more about the cosplay than what they are cosplaying. And only because an issue because other people would ask something like “what is your favorite part of Green Lantern” and be met with the response of “never read it.” Which brings many people in videogames and comic culture to question why you are dressing as a character you have no fondess for. Again, no sexism present. And many girls do use videogames as a prop to get attention, for instance, when Anita Sarkeesian was using an Xbox controller that wasn’t even turned on in her Kickstarter video.
6. I can go to any gaming website, show, or magazine, to have views of other men represented
Plus various female game journalists going as far back as Nintendo Magazine. I write for Techraptor as a Videogame Journalist. I am a prime example of you shutting the fuck up now
7. When I go to a gaming event, I can be sure I won’t be harassed, groped, or catcalled
Again, no evidence whatsoever that this ever happens! I have talked to MANY people who frequent cons, including women, and none of them have ever seen this happen to them or anyone else in a con. I call bullshit.
8. I will never be asked to speak for all other gamers who share my gender
Because men are not considered a minority. When a reporter asks me what my views are as a female gamer, they are only doing so because I make up a small minority of Core Gamers. Especially Console Gamers who play action/adventure games, or FPS’s.
9. My gaming performace won’t be contributed to my gender
If people think you are bad at gaming because you are a girl, they will contribute your good gaming to your fact of being male. That’s how that works, so that’s bullshit. Besides, the only people who connect your gaming performace to your gender are trolls, and yet again, that never happened to me.
10. My gaming ability will never be called into question because of my gender
11. I can be sure my thoughts on videogames will not be dismissed or attacked based solely on my tone of voice
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!! Men over-reacting to videogames is dismissed or attacked ALL THE TIME based solely on their tone of voice. AngryVideoGameNerd and Angry Joe both deal with this issue, read their comments section every once in awhile!
12. I can say I like videogames that are odd, cute, artistic, etc, without fearing I reinforce an existing stereotype
No, but you run into that issue if you say you like competitive fast action violent first person shooters and fighting games, hun.
13. I will never be asked when buying a video game if I am buying it for the opposite sex
Again, I have never seen this, I have not heard of a single example of this happening. I can find very few actual instances of this happening in a first person account either. And it also has never happened to me. It sounds like a perpetuated myth based on a very, very small minority of people.
14. Most game developers are men
Not sexism. 80% of teachers are women, that’s not sexism against male students either.
15. I can see sexism towards men represented, but I don’t have to worry about it when it is sexism towards women. My privilege
Basically what he said.
16. I will almost always have the option to play a character of my gender
There are tens of thousands of female characters in many games to play as. But until more of these women get off their whiney asses and develop the games they claim don’t exist, they never will. Not male benefit, female laziness.
17. Don’t have to be careful in online gaming communities because of my gender
Basically nobody will harass you until you spout man-hating bullshit like “I’m so oppressed by evil men!.” As I said before, I have seen nobody ever get harassed in online gaming communities simply for being female and no other reason.
18. I never think about hiding my gender online
I am a female. Many females prefer the gaming without all the shit-talk, that is fine. Men get shit talk in games all the time too, see first quote.
19. I can be sure I won’t get harassed for being male
20. If I am trash talked online, it will not be because I am male
Unless you run into a feminist. Other than that, you will be trash talked for having a different accent, being a different ethnicity, and having any form of speech impediment. You are not free from abuse either, no privilege. I personally was harassed in an online game once because someone thought I was a guy using a female avatar.
21. I won’t be interrogated about my real life body parts online/sex life
Gotta make this joke. Aside from that, men are also interrogated about how they look like, sometimes even including penis size and making fun of them for “compensating for something” every single time they happen to have something big. Probably not as much as girls, but then again, the people asking are trolls. When anyone asks about my boob size online, I usually just give it to them. I’m a B cup, often told I am a C cup. Or you can mute someone who asks, and trust me, you won’t be doing it often. Trash talk is only done when a character is trolling, or losing. Also, not always male characters either.
22. Complete strangers do not usually send me pictures of their genetalia or demand to see me naked
No, this does not as happen often to guys, I’ll give you that. But sexting is not a gendered issue, and Tits or GTFO more often then not is a joke, not a real demand.
23. As a male gamer, I can be sure that people won’t talk about my attractiveness behind my back
How is that a privilege? If a tree falls in the forest and nobody is around to hear it… is it benefiting men?
24. If I talk about sexism in games, I will be more credible
Nope! Sorry Mangina, your observations about sexism in gaming has been mentioned even by other feminists to get in the way of feminism. Feminists don’t want your support on sexism in games. Also, men cannot in any way talk about sexism against men in gaming, that is trivialized and laughed off the table before it even reaches the table.
25. Because it was created by a straight white man, this checklist will probably be take more seriously
HAAAA!!!! Full Mcintosh!